Latinomareicana plus... Day 15

Never slept that good, i’m feel full of energy, the sky still cloudy of course is the rain season but is not complet closed, have a lot of space for see the beautiful blue sky.
Did a slow breakfast, followed from a video chat with my parents and relatives, was long time I see everybody together, only 30 minuets after the connection start be unstable and I would like start see the city.

The small backpack I use fore explore the city steel ready from the night before, I just where the shoes and start walking down from the hill to the city, but no more than 400m and I saw a long staircase go up on my left, I feel that is they way I need follow today.


I feel the 3000m, I can’t walk at normal speed, but doesn’t matter, the house, the view on the city step after step become more beautiful.


Few stop for breathe and watch the view on Cusco I arrive on the top of the first mountain, where is located one of the milion of archaeological site of Cusco. Is amazing see how perfect was the conception of building during Inka age. Each build was made only with stone without use any type of ¨glue ¨.

The air is clean, quiet, sometimes interrupt from the sound of fireworks coming from the city, i take the time for enjoy it. Something is keep pushing my mind and i start walk again up, follow the street is kind of hard because a lot of bus and car puss by me and the pollution kill the small amount of oxygen. The solution is near, the main street have a crossroads, I see a guy in the right road start crossing the street and looks would like probably ask something, my feeling push me to take the one on the left even going down, i take it. Unfortunately after few meter i can see all the road and just keep go down but I meet a Police's car and I ask if just can go strait up walking in the land they say: ¨not in this point is a private property¨. I go back, for 10m in the direction of the main road, inside me something say don't go, you don't want chat with that guy, but looks the only solution... on my left side the mountain became lower and lower, and just few meters before the main road I see a path start on the side of a enclosure made with barbed wire, i take it.


The feeling coming better finally i can walk in the middle of the green, no cars... I meet a local and he say pleas keep walk on the left because the right side is forbidden, after say ¨gracias and asta luego¨ i keep walking up.
The trekking is not very hard, is slowly go up with a gentle incline, in three hours i reach the top of one of the mountain, i stop there for rest and enjoy the view fro 4200m. The skyline is strange, never see nothing like that, some mountain around are like made with plenty arrows, and every where I point my look I keep see only mountains for miles and miles. Is so peaceful...


Becoming cold quickly and I decide to come back down to Cusco, the way looks long and I´m very hungry I wasn't planning a walk like that when i wake up in the morning :-)



I saw a different path from the top and i decided to take that one, looks mor easy and is connecting with the asphalt road in no fore than a hour this mean a quick descent to the city.
In the way down i meet a small village where all the house still made with mud bricks, is fascinating, i feel come back of thousand years, and in the next village I saw two kids play with bow and arrows home made and laughing and smiling... is so beautiful can see kids be happy with nothing.



Comments