Latinoamericana plus... Day 17-18

Two days trip to Machu Picchu
After say good by to my hostel Supertamp in Cusco i take a touristic bus to Hidroelectrica, where the street ending and you need start walking for 11km to Aguas Caliente.




The road most of the time is with asphalt ad exception of some panoramic point, where the driver take out the seat belt for check out if landslide coming down on a two way road with the exactly size of the bus.
 



 Just two brake, one for restroom and the second one with a small issue with one of the wheels, during a six hours ride for 71 Km with for the first time I discover the street can go over 4000m







Hidroelectrica is just a ¨small¨ parking where can feet probably 20-30 small bus, near a hydroelectric power station, from there i start walking for approximately two hours following the binary, was look like be in a child dream.







including pass by a train bridge







        

The humidity is very high around 80%, you can feel it, or actually see on the brank of the threes or on some of the utility pole have plants grown up.








The track is easy, beginning with a small incline between banana trees and after that is just flat way with one side a big river and the other the train track, all the time you meet people coming to Aguas Caliente or going to. You are never alone.
Finally reach Aguas Caliente, is a very tiny village with almost only hotel and hostel, plus shops and markets, with a constant dark noise coming form the near river full of water from the constant rain.

March 7, 2018 4:20AM

Outside is raining, I just finished the breakfast and after put on my waterproof jacket i start walking in the dark with my flash light on the head. Few people walking in front of me and after me, i reach the checkpoint just 20 minutes after, bt the lain is already very long, probably 100 people.


Every body waiting the opening time 5:00 am, still reining but less. After the check of my passport and the permith for enter in Machu Picchu by 5:15am I pass the bridge and start hiking up on a infinite staircase in the middle of the forest. Is difficult for me warm up and take my speed and my breath but fortunately after few minutes the people in front of me start stopping on the side of the track and I can speed up.


The ¨sun lights¨ becoming more stronger and the view is amazing, every where I can see mountain coming up from the clouds, is beautiful.
After 45 minutes I reach the main entrance of Machu Picchu, too early I need waiting my tour.
I get in the archaeological site, and my feeling was sad the clouds was cover everything, but the guide say be patient by 9-10 am the sky is opening... She was write fortunately few minutes after I start a part of this extraordinary city.

Finally my dream was true, after years of dreaming I was in Machu Picchu, not with the weather was aspetting but doesn't matter I was there. No more than 30 minutes and i left the guide, my entrance tickets was including the permit to go to the mountain of Machu Picchu, and you have specific time to start hiking. The think I wasn't know is the actual high of that mountain (3061m) I just was thinking was just few minutes of walking.....
















Is actually a hard long infinite staircase :-) growing up for 600m of gap.




In the way up to the top the view is spectacular, but i cant say the same of the top


After waiting almost two hours with the hope the clouds opening, is come to go down, I still need see a bit more of Machu Picchu and go back to Hidroelectrica for get the bus for Cusco.


Machu Picchu looks a magic city, stop in the time, hide from the world for years thanks to vegetation and clouds, and now we can appreciating the intelligence and the capacity of the Inka's people.




















Comments